beer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beer

ok so i know we had a thread but i can't find it and am not awake enough and too lazing to really search...but i did try so

last night we did our nightly ...hey its the weekend, have a drink, eat some snacks and have some sort of drink

we had two types of beer, both where very good but a lil different than anything i am used to

the first was a light dark beer... black baron schwars bier a german beer. light because the flavor doesnt hit you hard or stay with you long. the alcohol per volume was only 4.5
    the beed was very good and would be great to drink again, it was fruity and kind of reminded me of the color purple and grapes... odd i know but still

the second beer was...stronger and blond... at 12% per volume. hubby made a joke when he saw that on the can, that it was like wine at that point. after drinking i had to agree. the taste was very much like a weird mix of wine and beer but done really well.... was the name that got me the most
    bear beer, a danish beer
    [/QUOTE] and Captain Kitty says.... "Oooooooh! You kinky bitch!" [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by RazorJAK
    Yeah yeah, you're the type of girl who would be whispering "Safewords are for quitters." in my ear. :-P
    http://www.zazzle.com/shalla/

Originally posted by Tipouf View Post
    ok so i know we had a thread but i can't find it and am not awake enough and too lazing to really search...but i did try so

last night we did our nightly ...hey its the weekend, have a drink, eat some snacks and have some sort of drink

we had two types of beer, both where very good but a lil different than anything i am used to

the first was a light dark beer... black baron schwars bier a german beer. light because the flavor doesnt hit you hard or stay with you long. the alcohol per volume was only 4.5
    the beed was very good and would be great to drink again, it was fruity and kind of reminded me of the color purple and grapes... odd i know but still

the second beer was...stronger and blond... at 12% per volume. hubby made a joke when he saw that on the can, that it was like wine at that point. after drinking i had to agree. the taste was very much like a weird mix of wine and beer but done really well.... was the name that got me the most
    bear beer, a danish beer
    German Raspberry Lambic.
    "Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. "
    "No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority."
    "For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization."
    "It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so."
    Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Lambics are awesome. I wish I could find the really ODD one that I used to drink in college. It was a belgian banana lampic.

I kinda miss my college days. The booze place I used to hit up gave me a volume discount due to how much business I drove his way.

(- I made a point of schoolin' new drinkers in the reality that ANYTHING made by Anheiser is NOT alcohol. It's toilet water. The boozeslinger's business ended up doing so good that he'd throw me a bottle of stuff gratis because he knew that if I liked it; I'd make a good review of it. -)

Even so, it is true that I sometimes like truly crap beer just because it has some kind of appeal.

Michiganders might remember BAD FROG BEER. The normal variety was horrid. But they had a brew called BAD FROG LEMON LAGER. That one was actually ... okay.

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Comment

Bear Beer, eh?

I dunno... sounds interesting, but I already have my "Drink with a bear on the bottle" slot filled.

Aside from that, it's Newcastle or Guinness for this guy.
        Worst. Genie. Ever.

Comment

I wish I liked beer. I feel left out.
          Got the boy to buy me a cherry... something beer at renn fest yesterday.
          And then got laughed at for the face I made when I tood a drink. But omg was it nasty.

It was even funnier a few weeks ago when I got given a cup of honey meade.
          First sip- "i... don't think i like this..."
          second sip- "no. no i don't think i like this at all."
          third sip- "definately don't like this." *hands it to the boy*
          ......*picks it back up again and takes another sip* "dammit it keeps tasting okay in retrospect!"
          My Comic : My Photography : My Site

Comment

Have you tried schnapps? It's got a phenomenal range from "red-hot ground glass in battery acid" to "syrup" with some warm, sweet, fruity concoctions in between.
            When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

i have not tried schnapps. but it sounds promising.

i'm sort of trying things as the opportunity arises, since i'm not old enough to get anything myself. as such, i have tried, honey meade, cherry beer of some sort, and smirinof ice. and the only thing i've liked is the smirinof ice because it just tastes like soda.
              My Comic : My Photography : My Site

Comment

A bottle and a half of Peach Schnapps will turn your body into liquid, I have come to find.
                Worst. Genie. Ever.

Comment

I happen to have a bottle of a very palatable peach schnapps here. It's 23% abv. I think a bottle and a half would be rather too much. A small wine glass is quite a lot. 50ml is a pub measure. Maybe 100ml in a tall glass with lemonade as a ladylike drink?
                  When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPirateShea View Post
                    And then got laughed at for the face I made when I tood a drink. But omg was it nasty.

......*picks it back up again and takes another sip* "dammit it keeps tasting okay in retrospect!"
                    I know exactly what you mean about mead!!! At first I was like "this is ok"..by the end of the bottle I had decided it was the yum

i'm sort of trying things as the opportunity arises, since i'm not old enough to get anything myself. as such, i have tried, honey meade, cherry beer of some sort, and smirinof ice. and the only thing i've liked is the smirinof ice because it just tastes like soda.
                    Buttescotch Schnapps and Irish Cream make a very nummy shot, and both go really well in hot chocolate and in coffee, either alone, or in combination

RazorJAK - "[Chinchillas have] always reminded me of something like a chernobyl hamster or something."

Comment

Hmmm, I'm thinking you'll like baronjager. The way I describe it to those who've not tried it is that it is basically honey schnappes.

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Comment

Originally posted by RazorJAK View Post
                        Hmmm, I'm thinking you'll like baronjager. The way I describe it to those who've not tried it is that it is basically honey schnappes.
                        I love barenjager, but my teeth hate it.
                        Worst. Genie. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorJAK View Post

RazorJAK - "[Chinchillas have] always reminded me of something like a chernobyl hamster or something."

Comment

There are a wide range of beers with many flavors. It's just a matter of finding the type you like. Guiness Draught takes a little getting use to. I immediately liked Lambics because they were sweet. Over the years I've tended to like lighter colored beers, but dark beers seem to do really well in cooking. (Guiness reduction sauce for steak, for example.) Honey beer is something I've yet to try, but I have a feeling that since I really like mead, I'll like most anything made from honey.

And beer is only part of the story of fermented grains. From beer we get whiskey, scotch, bourbon, and other liquor distilled from fermented grain. And few things compare to the smooth taste and creeping warmth of a good 12 year old single malt scotch. Or the brain spasm you get from good ol' fashioned White Lightning moonshine (which I saw last year at a Beverages And More in Ontario, CA. Sold in a mason jar with a federal tax stamp, no less).

I don't really like Corona, Dos Equis, or Tecate (mexican beers). But I have developed a taste for Sapporo, Asahi, and Kirin (Japanese beers). It took me awhile to warm upto Guiness. I liked Sam Adams and Blue Moon Brewery almost immediately. For many years we had a micro-brewery here in Riverside that made their own beer, ale, and lager. You could get a sampler of their different brews to try out. Amber Bock was pretty good.

So don't give up, all it takes if finding the types of beer you like the taste of. Start off with lighter colored beers, like a Blonde Ale, and work up from there. Remember that some beers are best ice cold on a hot day, others you can drink room temperature, and some are best mixed into cocktales. (A Black'n'Tan made from Guiness and Bass Ale is one of my favorites with steak at Black Angus.) Just remember that what's true for liquors and wines is also true for beer: You get what you pay for. Buy cheap crap and it'll taste like cheap crap (aka Budweiser, Coors, etc. etc.) And everyone's different. I never use to like beer until I tried some of the imports that tasted much better, to me, than the domestic stuff my dad use to drink.

Besides, what you don't drink, you can always use to make chili
                            "Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."
                            "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. "
                            "No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority."
                            "For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization."
                            "It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so."
                            Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

you liked the one that was lite and tasted like soda... well if you want something special for the holidays try this

talk to your mom about finding a good white wine, doesn't have to be fancy
                              and buy a flavor (you like) of syrup... like grenadine or cherry or whatever

you pour a glass of the white wine and add in a lil of the syrup to color and flavor it... if you use a chardonnay it is called a kire, but i still call it that even if i use a different white or a red

you can also do that with beer
                              [/QUOTE] and Captain Kitty says.... "Oooooooh! You kinky bitch!" [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by RazorJAK
                              Yeah yeah, you're the type of girl who would be whispering "Safewords are for quitters." in my ear. :-P
                              http://www.zazzle.com/shalla/

Comment

Working...
                              X